Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer butter masala is one of the most popular vegetarian curries in Indian cuisine.it is a very rich dish made with paneer.
A bright orange-colored smooth, creamy & light buttery flavored North Indian fare, is one of the most popular main course food items in Indian restaurants.
Calcium rich fresh paneer cubes are simmered lightly with a rich buttery onion-tomato sauce & spices, flavored with pleasantly bitter dry fenugreek leaves & further enriched with cashew
This recipe is easy & quick to make. Within minutes you will have a restaurant style paneer butter masala.This curry is perfect for parties or treat your family once in a while.
250 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
1/2 cup tomato puree
1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup onion paste
1 tbsp cashew nut paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 green chilies chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tbsp kasoori methi crushed
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onion paste & saute till it turns golden brown in colour.
2. Add ginger & garlic paste, green chilies & stir for 2 mins.
3. Add cashew nuts paste, tomato puree & saute further for a few minutes.
4. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & mix well.
5. Add garam masala, salt, enough water, cook till oil separates & gravy becomes thick.
6. Sprinkle kasoori methi & mix in lightly.
7. Add paneer pieces to the masala gravy, mix well & cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Garnish with butter & coriander lives.
9. Serve hot.