Diwali the " Festival Of Lights " is the biggest festival of Hindus, celebrated with great enthusiasm & happiness. On the auspicious day of Diwali people light up diyas, candles, prepare a variety of sweets, draw rangoli, wear new cloths, exchange gifts & sweets, perform Laxmi Puja in the evening to seek divine blessings of Goddess of Wealth, " Devi Laxmi ".
A variety of sweets dishes prepared during festival of Diwali. Kaju katli is one of the most delicious, rich, very popular sweet made on the joyous occasion of Diwali. The main ingredients are cashews, sugar, cardamom powder.
Making kaju katli at home is very simple & quick. This exotic dessert makes a delicious treat for this special occasion of Diwali & has a long shelf life..!
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
Ghee just for greasing
Silver warq as required ( optional)
1. Grind the cashews in a mixer, make a fine powder.
2. Take a bowl add cashew nut powder, cardamom powder,
milk powder & mix well.
3. Combine sugar & 1/4 cup of water in a non-stick pan & boil
the syrup until hard crack consistency. (Test its consistency
by putting a drop in a bowl, turn a bowl up side down if sugar
syrup does not drip, means sugar syrup is ready. )
4. Now add cashew nut mixture to sugar syrup & mix well.
5. Lay a butter paper, place the cashew dough & fold butter paper
such that the butter paper is on top & bottom of the dough.
6. Now roll it with a chapathi roller in a circle.
7. Remove the butter paper on top & Spread the silver sheet over
& cut into diamond shape.
8. Kaju katli is ready for Diwali.
You Also Like To Visit:
|Dry Fruit |
|Chocolate & |